iPad mini Mini's with LTE will be released on the 16th

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Txjole, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Txjole macrumors member

I just called Apple because I will be closed and out of town for the Holidays and my 2 mini LTE showed to be set for delivery on the 23rd, which wouldn't work. I asked to bump it to next day air shipping. She did and it is now set to deliver on the 19th (to Texas). Plus she waved the next day air shipping charges. So when Tim Cook said 2 weeks after the WiFi version he was correct, they look to be movng them out on the 16th.

----------

[​IMG]

2. Eragon macrumors newbie

Not sure who you talked to, but twice now Apple has refused to change my standard shipping method to expedited. The CSR said that the units will ship as soon as possible.

3. MajorTCS macrumors regular

I ordered a 2nd mini a few moments ago. The 20th of November came up. So, hopefully the Thanksgiving Holiday will not delay the joy!

4. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Now that would hack me off -- I ordered one last Friday & my delivery date says the 23rd.

5. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Mine no longer says ships "Nov. 23rd". It has now gone to ships "mid november".

6. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

I think they r getting some heat for the 23rd delivery, knowing people will be away for the holidays. Amazed me how easy it was for her to offer the next day air delivery for free.

7. lsdgolf macrumors newbie

Same Here. I ordered at 4:00 am EDT, and my most recent update says delivery on the 23rd!! 1 hour after they opened up for pre-order, I shouldn't get pushed out that far!

I also ordered a new iPad 4th Gen, and it's delivery is set for Monday the 26th!:eek:

8. bcaslis macrumors 68020

9. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I completed my order at 2:05 CST (5 minutes after ordering went live) so I shouldn't be getting pushed at all :). And I also ordered the iPad 4 & it says November 26th.

Ah, my statuses for these two have changed to "Available to ship - Mid November". Things that make you go hmmm.

10. cyrways macrumors member

Me too, the 26th is a long time away.

11. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

I had my confirmation e-mail in my inbox 3 minutes after midnight. Mine said the 23rd till she just udgraded me!!

12. jm5309 macrumors regular

Mine has also changed from "Delivers November 23rd" to "Available to ship Mid November." I hope we get them early.

13. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

I was told this first in a chat session with an Apple tech when I asked about the 23rd be a problem for me:

"That is an estimate and would be the latest that it would arrive. UPS and FedEx will deliver M-Sat, so it will be on or before the 23rd"

Then thats when I asked about upgrading my shipping and he gave me a phone# that connected straight to a person no recorded Apple mess, she is the one that got me next day air for free and told me they will start shipping on the 16th.

14. Eragon macrumors newbie

15. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

I wish I would have kept it, I punched it in my office phone while looking at it on the chat screen.

16. Eragon macrumors newbie

After calling Apple, and returning them a scathing survey form, my Delivers Nov 23 date has mysteriously disappeared. Probably to shut us up.

17. Baggio macrumors 6502

Same as it has been since I ordered on Friday, Oct 26.

Available to ship: Mid November
    Delivers Nov 23 via Standard Shipping

18. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

I was wondering if I didn't get the head chic in charge of something and express my concern about people being out of pocket on the 23rd and she had some changes made. All this date stuff just started happening when I posted this.

19. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

My delivery date has changed as of this afternoon. This morning I checked and it said delivers 11/23. Just checked now on both the Apple Store app and the website and both say "Available to ship: Mid November"

While I hope this means they are getting bumped up, it could also go the other way as well.

I ordered right when the store went live at 3 am eastern time and had the order confirmation in my inbox 1 minute later at 3:01 am eastern.

20. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

Mine just switched too. The 19th at 11 am to this, but I was told I would have it on the 19th. Still wonder why the change, too much calling about dates?
    [​IMG]

21. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

Bad news, according to the one person I'm speaking to through the chat, it seems Hurricane Sandy is delaying everything. I'll post a pic of the chat in a sec...

22. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

Attached is the picture from the Apple Store chat mentioning a delay:(

Attached Files:

23. sealos macrumors regular

Really dumb ??? but where / how do you initiate a chat with Apple? I can't seem to find it on their site.

Thanks.

24. Txjole thread starter macrumors member

Go to the store, pic an item, up on the top right a "chat now" blue button will appear next to the 1-800 number.

25. sealos macrumors regular

Thanks will try that!

I did call Apple to try to get it changed to Next-Day, but was denied. But all was not lost. I was able to get a free smart cover on one order and credit for another smart cover on another order after I asked them about price-matching Target's $40 discount sale this week.