Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Hello all:

I'm getting my mac mini on Aug 4. Can i get a woot woot! hahaha

I'm looking on ordering the miniStack V2 http://www.newertech.com/ministack the same weekend. I have a ata ide 120gb HDD for music that is just sitting in my closet at the moment and was wanting to place it in this enclosure when I get it. I have looked all over the site for the following question and CANNOT find it anywhere: If any of you own this, is it compatible to ATA only, SATA only, or both?

If I cannot get it to work for an ATA, then I'll need to purchase a SATA drive and I just don't need to at the moment as this drive is practically brand new!

Thanks for the help.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I don't want to invade on your post, but i have another question. I am looking to buy one of these (probably 160 or 250 GB) for extra space and back up. Can i back up my hard drive onto it and use the rest of the available space for extra storage?
Sorry if this is really obvious, but i just wanna make sure...

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
steamboat26 said:
I don't want to invade on your post, but i have another question. I am looking to buy one of these (probably 160 or 250 GB) for extra space and back up. Can i back up my hard drive onto it and use the rest of the available space for extra storage?
Sorry if this is really obvious, but i just wanna make sure...

Yeah. You can either partition it into a backup partition and an extra space partition, or just back everything on to the main partition with something like Silver Keeper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.