Minor annoyance with column sorting in QT Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Mar 3, 2010.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

This better not be a simple fix.. lol. I also hope I can put explain this properly..

When putting clips together in QT Pro via copy/paste, it would add each new item in the "Movie Properties" window in the order they were added. This came in handy because if I added an image overlay, I would just scroll to the bottom of the list, and there it was. Same for anything else I add, it would always appear at the bottom of the list.

At some point I accidentally clicked one of the titles in the colums, such as "Format", and from then on, it was screwed up. It would sort by "Format" in ascending/descending order, which threw the order way out of whack. I could click another column, but the orders are still out of whack because then it would sort by name, start time,or duration. I could add an image overlay, and it may end up in the middle of the list somewhere, so I have to search for it, and enable/disable it to see if I have the right one.

How do I de-select the columns to stop it from sorting like that? I've tried quitting, I've tried Deleting the preference file and it still does this. Even when doing entirely different videos, it doesn't sort them in the list the way it used to.

2. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Anybody know if there is any other preference files related to Quicktime? I deleted this one:

user/library/preferences/com.apple.quicktimeplayer.plist

The one in the main library folder only seems to handle the registration information for Quicktime Pro. Deleting it just forces me to re-enter my license key.