Minor HD installation problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clyde2801, Apr 17, 2009.

1. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Am in the process of replacing the HD in my 2.33 C2D MBP. In the process, I've hit a couple of snags::(

1. I've lost one of the screws securing the hard drive retaining bracket, which popped out when I was putting the drive back in. Assuming I can't find the stinking thing, would an applestore or 3rd party place have it? (All the other screws are safely inside of an egg container.)

2. I need to find a way to secure the sleep light and IR sensor to the top of the new hard drive. It won't stick by itself. What kind of adhesive should I use?

Thanks in advance for any help that you all may have.

2. clyde2801 thread starter macrumors 601

clyde2801

Answers, no thanks to y'all

Got in touch with my helpful friendly 3rd party apple repair shop in OKC, who handed me three or four leftover screws from various repairs, and one of them did the trick quite nicely.

He answered my question by saying to just secure the sensor to the hard drive with tape. So far, things are looking good. The MBP is indexing the drive, etc.

I'll have to get back and post if the new drive makes any difference in performance. Disk update check seemed noticeably faster.

Moderator, please close thread. Thanks.