Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
I recently jb'd my phone using blackra1n. I installed cydia and the main apps like boss paper, winterboard, themes, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary except the sinfuliphone tether hack. Everything works great except when I leave my phone idle for a while and try getting mail or going online, I get a message that it is unable to access the cellular network. I can get it working after I turn airplane mode on and off. Prior to my jb, this was never an issue. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what should I do to fix the problem?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I recently jb'd my phone using blackra1n. I installed cydia and the main apps like boss paper, winterboard, themes, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary except the sinfuliphone tether hack. Everything works great except when I leave my phone idle for a while and try getting mail or going online, I get a message that it is unable to access the cellular network. I can get it working after I turn airplane mode on and off. Prior to my jb, this was never an issue. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what should I do to fix the problem?

Have you tried removing the tether hack and trying again?

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
No, although I will try that. Is there an alternative to that hack which enables tethering that you would recommend?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
No, although I will try that. Is there an alternative to that hack which enables tethering that you would recommend?

Not sure, but since that tether hack is the only one that utilizes your cellular connection, I would try a jailbroken phone with everything else and see how it works. If things are fine, the hack must be the fault point. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.