Minor iDisk Annoyance - Is This Fixable?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TheGrudge, Jul 20, 2010.

1. TheGrudge macrumors member

TheGrudge

This is minor but it's from the book of "why the hell would Apple set it up this way".

Let's say that I've added a file to iDisk in the following location: Documents-->Word-->Budget 2010

If I want to open this on my computer, I have to click on each folder as I drill-down through the directory. Unfortunately, my OS (Leopard) opens a new window with each drill-down. By the time I get to a buried file, my desktop is covered in windows. Is there a way to make everything stay in one window? That's the way other directories behave - it just seems to be my iDisk that does this.

2. Playgear macrumors regular

In your Finder preferences, have you set it to open each folder in a new window?

3. TheGrudge thread starter macrumors member

TheGrudge

No, that box is unchecked. It's only the iDisk app that behaves that way, all other windows behave as expected.

4. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Mine does not behave the way yours does. The iDisk finder window behaves like all other finder windows, that is, one window as you drill down... It is in your settings somewhere...

5. TheGrudge thread starter macrumors member

TheGrudge

I'll check. None of my other windows do that so this is strange...but I'll check!:cool:

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Mine doesn't do this either.

7. roliath macrumors regular

roliath

If I click the button on the right side of the window, you know the one that hides the menu/etc...

My finder will open everything in a new window.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Post a screen shot? I'm not sure I follow...

You're saying ONLY the iDisk folder on your computer does this? Which folder view are you using?

9. TheGrudge thread starter macrumors member

TheGrudge

Bingo. I clicked that button to bring my menus back and it now opens in everything utilizing one window.
    Thanks!