Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Well...it's really just a nuisance. Everytime I insert a blank DVD, then eject it, the "Untitled DVD" and the burn icon remain in my finder and desktop. I end up with several of these on screen and no DVDs in my computer! They go away when I eject them, but it really would be much better if they didn't appear like that at all. Any ideas?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I had a similar thread on this about 2 years ago. Have a look and try playing around with the preferences and ignore options as mentioned in the thread.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
that seems to work, but then the DVD doesn't appear in the finder at all. I still want to see it there. But I only want one.....not the ten or so i sometimes get. when i eject it from another app, i want it to disappear too.

iloveannie

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2006
Ok, well I have two "Untitled DVD" in Finder that cannot be found. I can't find a way to remove them from there either :( Any ideas chaps?

[Edit] Just found out how. Duh! Just left click and drag it away! Oh, how stupid I feel now... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.