minor iTunes annoyance

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JonD25, Jun 11, 2007.

1. JonD25 macrumors 6502

For whatever reason, every time I open iTunes, it checks for purchases, even though I know for a fact I've already downloaded all of them. The dialog box pops up, interrupting whatever I was about to do, and makes me put in my iTunes store info to check, but when I do, it checks and of course finds nothing to download. But the next time I open iTunes back up, it'll do it all over again. Any idea how to stop this?

2. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

Since no help came here, I searched Apple's support site forums and found my answer. So I thought I'd share it in case anyone else had the problem too.

Stop iTunes then go to :
    Music / iTunes / iTunes Music / Download
    and trash the file named list.plist.
    Launch iTunes.

4. chrish macrumors newbie

in iTunes, go to Preferences, Store.

Unselect the "Automatically download prepurchased content"

5. JonD25 thread starter macrumors 6502

1) I already found the answer.

2) Even if I hadn't, that option isn't applicable to me, and I don't even think I have it selected to begin with (I'd check to make sure, but I'm not on my Mac at the moment). I don't ever purchase TV show seasons on iTunes, and thus would never use the option.

I think my problem was that for whatever reason, iTunes kept thinking I still had a song to download, possibly after a crash or after I might have exited iTunes before it was done downloading, when in actuality I had already checked and then finished downloading the song already. Deleting the plist file "reset" iTunes thinking I had a song to download. Problem solved.

Thanks anyways though.