Minor JB questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OnNightfall, Aug 5, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

I got some questions which are very minor and you could live with but I'm just curious why and if their was a fix/work around for. These are all things I can deal with but I am asking just encase their is a way around it.

1. Why after the JB does the black screen with the Apple logo now have pixelation or a multi colored line at the top when you turn on the phone or respring? Not a huge deal at all but I was just wondering. Maybe theirs an update coming to fix this?

2. Why does the App Store want to update my Installous Apps? Any way to stop this from happening. Cause now I have a 1 on the App Store icon that I can't get rid of because I do not want to delete that game and it's kind of annoying. Again, I'll deal with it but maybe theirs a way?

3. Why does Installous want to update stuff that I got from the App Store? This to me is really weird.

Thanks a lot guys and again, don't flame me I'm just very OCD. If their is no fix or work around for any of these it's not a problem but sometimes theirs something I don't know about or did not read on the forums. Thanks!

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hey,
    #1: it is something that comex had to install as a loader of some sort iirc. its apart of the jb and everyone has it.
    #2 & 3: i have never heard of this. i dont see why or how this is possible..

3. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for replying, so has anyone else had issues with 2 or 3?

4. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was wondering about #1 too. Good to know everyone has it. :) I was a little worried.

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

bump, anyone having these issues? To be more specific, I got Angry Birds on Installous and App Store wants to update it, and I bought Family Feud from App Store and Installous wants to update it.

6. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Read the forum rules

7. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

are you serious?

8. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

anyways, I did it in another iphone and same thing, If you download Angry Birds with Installous and go to the App Store the App Store will prompt you to update it. So it's not just that iphone. Maybe it's something with Angry Birds, don't know.

9. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

FYI - Installous is something not talked about on these forums.

10. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I have no problem following forum rules but I see Installous talked about a lot. Isn't this a hacking section of the forum, what is Jailbreaking? what is Installous? Again, I don't mind following rules but this seems like such a contradiction. Why have a Hacking/Cracking section of a forum if you are not allowed to talk about certain hacking/cracking software.

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Hacking and piracy are completely different things. Installous has no other use than piracy.

12. i11i1i macrumors regular

Two more..

Even though I seem to kill every thread I post in...I have two minor questions as well...

1. How do you get the date/time/calendar on your splashpage? Like in the first screen shot...
    2. How do you get the little apple logo instead of text in your dock? Second shot...

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. i11i1i macrumors regular

Yup, looks like I've successfully killed this one too.

14. homrb macrumors regular

1. i dont know
    2. i dont know
    :D:D:D:D

15. homrb macrumors regular

actually... 2. i bet that you can use rename to rename that app the the apple symbol somehow