Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retired
Original poster
May 16, 2006
We've heard a lot of big things about leopard, but for me the experience lies in the details. One thing I hope for is the ability (à la windows) to only empty the Trash of certain things - permanently delete one in five things in the trash.

Unified GUI is another common request (we've now heard something about black gloss)

Boolean search in spotlight (to make it faster)

MSN integration in iChat is unlikely to say the least, but would be great.

Numbers (iWork spreadsheet) looks promising. Maybe thats not so minor.

Integration with iPhone:D

Quicktime to include features from VLC player, as it just doesn't support enough codecs. I don't want three video players.

What minor features are you looking for?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
ummm..... the itunes 7 style interface in xcode?

If there's one thing I don't want it's that. I don't even want it in iTunes. It's all wrong. You can't even have both direction scroll arrows at both ends of the scrollbar like you can with the real native controls.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
I want all Mac's to not be so damn picky with every single little type of media file.... see on a PC using Avid I never ran into any problem until I got to trying to export. On a Mac I can't even begin to edit until I have every single little file transfered over to files Macs like.... Very frustrating for a pro app...

Hmm maybe they can make the metal finish look a little cooler? I dont know something feels missing...

Oh and have more customization and less apps I have to download to customize...

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Ditto...

I also want the bottom options of Win XP so i can switch between opened programs fast. I hope you understood what I am talking about. Expose is not quick enough.

Uhmm as far as I am aware the dock does this perfectly, in fact it is better than the Windows implementation as you can bring the application to the front without having to bring a window to the front (as in just making the menu bar active). Or you have the option to bring any window to the front as well.

Unless I am missing something here?

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
There will be boolean search in Spotlight.

What I want:

- automatic undo delete for the trash that puts the files back where they were
- isync to work over Bonjour too (i.e. to sync entire home directories between computers)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.