Minor Mac Updates At Wwdc Tommrow!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ItouchMe, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Im not 100 percent .But i work at Best Buy and the 1599 13 inch Alum Macbook is on cleareance to 1489.99 and usually when that happens, there is a new updated version. So keep on the look out!

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'd wager this is more Best Buy's response to the Apple Back-to-School sale than anything else, but we'll see tomorrow...

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I certainly hope the OP is right. I just got rid of my Air and I want to buy a new Macbook tomorrow.

5. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

amazon and macmall have been selling them at similar prices for a while...just ways of getting more money away from competitors.

however, i do agree it's probably in lieu of the fact best buy benefits from the back to school sale...so why not entice buyers?

6. Portal83 macrumors regular

Meh, Macbooks are overdue for a bump and if they're not updated until September/October, it'll be the longest they've ever gone without being updated and far above the average.

Even if the aluminum is still an all-around better machine, it's bad optics for most buyers. They'll just see $300 for a metal case and slower processor. It's not the kind of thing Apple would want to last since they're sort of putting their weight behind the unibodies.

Combined with 9to5mac talking pretty confidently about their source and publications like Wired getting behind it, I'd think it's certainly not out of the question. I'm thinking 50/50 or better, but we'll see.

7. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Kinda early for a Back to School Sale. Esp since alot schools are still in their normal session.

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

9. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

Wow I'm out and I thought I got done late so idk what these schools are.

But he does have a good point if true as aren't MBs price locked? I never understand Apple products fully with other retailers offer rebates and money off what exactly is Apple's stance on price cutting.
    Also last I checked BB is not going to do the free iPod(/printer too) offer but will match the edu pricing. Even as a BB employee I am better off buying directly from Apple.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you have a Fry's around you, you can always see they're selling the MB at a mild discount ($50 or so) or maybe a freebie printer (they're eating the printer there, so different case).

Then again, Fry's always manages to sell stuff cheap, no idea how. They're kind of shady but whatever, so long as it's a closed box I'm good with it, hahahaha

11. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Yeah, I've gotten some good deals on stuff at Frys before. Place is awesome.

12. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

FutureShop here in Canada had a sale on the 2.0 uMB for about a week. They were $50 off. Maybe they're trying to get rid of inventory ;)

13. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

the whitebook is at $899 at Best Buy, pretty good price!

14. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Wait

sorry, my first post ON A WRONG THREAD :-(

15. Dr.Bendo macrumors newbie

Apple Store Close

So, does closing the online Apple Store change things a bit?

16. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

Im new to macs and have been waiting to buy my first ever macbook for over a month. Does the Apple Online Store closing mean osmething is getting updated usually?

17. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    They close it so they can add new things, and then they'll reopen it shortly after. :)

18. Dr.Bendo macrumors newbie

I'm glad I waited to buy my Macbook, then. :D

19. MrM macrumors 6502

Keeping my fingers crossed for a new Black MacBook. I wish they'd bring them back.

20. Dr.Bendo macrumors newbie

Mwaaaahaaaahaaaaa! I love it! Updates everywhere!