minor problem with new cMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pragmatous, Jul 22, 2012.

1. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Not sure if it's meant to do this or not. It's the new cMBP.

The charger where you plug it into the mac. Sometimes the light is on (green/orange) and sometimes it's off. If I move the mag cable it'll light up. Is it just not connecting right to get the light to glow?

I dunno. I don't have any issues it charges and runs off AC just fine. It's just the light. My experience however tells me eventually it'll become a problem but then again I'm not familiar with macs.

Is it suppose to do that? I'm assuming it is not. The light seems to go off randomly and I cannot reproduce it. I can only reproduce the "fix" which is to simply slide the mag cable up/down.

2. k6578 macrumors member

My mid-2010 MBP started having this problem with the light a couple months ago. I don't know how to fix it. I just check the menu bar each time I need it charged to make sure it's charging or connected to AC. Occasionally (rarely) it's not, so I have to move the mag cable slightly and then it works again.

3. pragmatous thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm well it seems to charge but it seems to lose some charge over time but not by much. Like one day it'll be at 100%, and then next day it'll be 99%, then 98... right now it's at 96%. When I have time I'll have to call Apple I guess.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

try resetting the SMC