Minor Registering Developer Account

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Pete993, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Pete993 macrumors newbie

Okay so I've read around places and I understand that people who are minors (under 18 here in the U.S. where I am) are not supposed to register with the Apple developer program because minors cannot enter a legal binding contract.

Now this is my situation. I want to try the new iOS 5 Beta. Right now the only way to do that is to become an Apple developer. I don't have any programming experience and I don't particularly want to learn how to develop iOS apps for the moment. (Maybe someday, but not now.) I am 17 years old (living in the USA so still a minor.) I know that I can use a parents account and have them register it for me. However, this would cause one problem. I would NOT be able to use the iCloud service because my purchases and everything would be under my normal Apple ID and not the one my parents have for this developer purpose.

I would like to know if there's any way around this. If there is any way to link the two accounts, or if I could tell Apple about my specific situation if there's anything they can do about it. I'm aware that most of these legal things are in place so that people can properly get paid when they develop apps, but as I said, I don't plan to do this. (Seems like a waste of money, I know, but I'm willing to do it anyway.)

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Full of bugs, just wait like the rest of us. Patience is a virtue.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

No, the limitation is in place because you cannot legally agree to a non-disclosure agreement.