Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Canada
Does anyone else have some Safari crashing issues? It usually happens when there is flash videos loading.

Sometimes a video will try to load, and the browser closes. Not all the time, even on the same video. Not too sure what causes this, or how to fix it.

I notice it will also do it sometimes when there are no videos, I could be on a forum such as this one. I was editing a port forwarding blog on myspace last night and when I was nearly done, I opened photobucket to get the links to some screen shots, and it crashed on me.

Kind of a piss off, especially since it wasn't youtube or anything that usually causes it. I ended up re-doing it in an offline HTML file first before posting to avoid losing the data again.

Anyone else have Safari problems like this? It hasn't really bothered me much until I lost most of that blog.

Jethro57

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2009
Safari used to crash on me as well when I was runner Panther. When I upgraded to Tiger it pretty much stopped. Now I get a lot of picture files that won't open and get the blue boxes with the question mark. Annoying.

Safari 4 just came out recently and you could try upgrading to see if it helps. Safari in my opinion has never been the most stable browser in the world.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Canada
Safari used to crash on me as well when I was runner Panther. When I upgraded to Tiger it pretty much stopped. Now I get a lot of picture files that won't open and get the blue boxes with the question mark. Annoying.

Safari 4 just came out recently and you could try upgrading to see if it helps. Safari in my opinion has never been the most stable browser in the world.

So I guess it is just the browser itself.

I do not wish to upgrade after seeing threads about problems associated with upgrading. One of the major bugs it has affects Messenger:Mac (Msn).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.