Minor scratches on back of black iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crackedandblack, May 10, 2009.

1. crackedandblack macrumors member

I've just discovered a minor scratch on the back of my black iphone on the plastic casing (ironically I was taking it out of it's case when I discovered it, said case has now been abandoned).

Any ideas/suggestions/products good for removing these bar asking Apple to replace it etc.

Thanks.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Surely you're not even contemplating this? :confused: :eek:

3. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Get over it. Replacing it due to a scrach? Either YOU or YOUR CASE SCRACHED YOUR iPhone. It's not a big deal. People like you doing this is why Apple is strickening up their replair/replace policys. Grow up.

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's amazing isn't it?

This is a phone. A cell phone. They get scratched. The phone won't last your lifetime and you will likely replace it in a year or two anyways. I serioudly can't believe someone would ask Apple to replace a scratched iPhone.

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It sounds to me like the OP is mostly interested in how to remove the scratches, and it's possible that by writing "bar asking Apple to replace it", s/he meant that s/he was not interested in someone responding with "see if you can get Apple to replace it".

I can't know what the OP meant, I'm just sayin'....

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

He didn't say he was going to ask Apple to replace it. He actually clarified in the OP that it wasn't an option he was considering.

8. crackedandblack thread starter macrumors member

Sweet god, at least someone with an ounce of sense who can READ the topic and the question asked and has a grasp of the English language.

Dont bother reading the topic or replying if you're just going to have a rant.

9. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

People probably just misunderstood because unfortunately there are quite a few threads where people talk about trying to trick Apple into replacing something they themselves wrecked. When you've read a lot of those, it's easy to jump to conclusions.

Don't give up on us yet, it's generally a very helpful forum. :)

But back to the topic: Here's a site with links to various solutions. Some are for the screen, but maybe something there will be of use.:)

10. crackedandblack thread starter macrumors member

If it's any consolation I discovered a crack in my iPhone which Apple did admit was a problem and was replaced - I know this scratch was caused by me and I'm just after advice. I wouldn't dream of asking Apple to replace it.

thanks for the link

11. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It's not a consolation if you knowingly tried to trick Apple, but if Apple admitted that a crack was a problem, it was likely a known fault with the material. That's not being devious on your part, that's just good customer service on Apple's part.

And - you're welcome.

12. crackedandblack thread starter macrumors member

I'm almost 99% sure the crack wasn't caused by me - but none of us could prove otherwise - and I didn't expect it to be replaced - it was only when I read the 56 pages of people with the same problem here that made me approach them.

I have no problems with Apple.

13. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I also discovered two scratches on my black iPhone's back, which I'm pretty confident I didn't get on there, if they get any bigger I might ask for a replacement seems to be such a hassel to get it replaced here in Sweden anyway, so I can't be bothered.

14. fang3000 macrumors newbie

15. crackedandblack thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I've read about that - might give it a whirl