Minor update, or wait for bigger update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mechwd, May 21, 2014.

  1. mechwd macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2013
    #1
    People have been saying that they will do a minor update to the rMBP at the conference coming up. While I would like a bigger update, I am also really wanting a new computer (2009 iMac and 2009 MBP currently).

    I was reading on the new Intel processors that will be out in time for christmas.

    Should I get a new computer with the minor update (providing there is one), or wait another 6 months or what ever for the new processors. One thing I would really like is an updated graphics card. Any chance of that happening. Is it fair to say that the one they are currently using is a little behind the times?

    I do mostly graphic arts (running the adobe programs for web/print/video) but would like to get into gaming (yes I know PC's are better for gaming, but im a mac guy).

    Thoughts? Budget is about 3500 so I can upgrade the 15in rMBP somewhat. Want a laptop so don't suggest the Mac Pro. Need to be very mobile.
     
  2. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2013
    #2
    Maybe if the spec bump includes 800 series gpu - might make it interesting.
     

Share This Page