minor video issues with 2017 nTB MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghanwani, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:16 PM.

1. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

I've had this problem with both Sierra and now High Sierra.

When watching videos on YouTube in Chrome, sometimes the video will, from the beginning, have continuous glitches which affect the video (sort of like the video going on and off every 1/2 second) but not the audio part.

Most of the time, simply reloading the page gets rid of the problem.

I have not had this problem with Chrome on Windows, but I don't watch as many videos on my Windows machine.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this is Chrome on macOS problem, a macOS problem, or a hardware problem? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Does it do this in Safari? Does it do this in QuickTime? If yes then it's possibly a MacOS fault, if not then it's most definitely a Chrome fault.

Google for Chrome related issues with MacOS and see if yours comes up, might just be a temporary bug in their software. If it does it across the board with all video then ring Apple and speak to them about it, they'll be able to assist you far better than we can.

3. ghanwani, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:52 PM
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 10:03 PM

ghanwani thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't use safari at all and the problem is intermittent, so it may be hard for me to catch unless I use safari all the time.

This is the problem (video is someone else's):

--- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM ---
    The comments in the video above has the solution. I've just implemented it, let me see if I still have the problem. If I do, I'll report back.

4. sublunar macrumors 6502

Hardware acceleration may refer to Quicksync - you wouldn't have a discrete GPU on a non touch bar 2017. As New_Mac_Smell suggests a future patch to the OS or Chrome might sort it.