Mint

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ctt1wbw, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Holy crap, how in the world have I overlooked this for so long? For those of you with a Wachovia account, this is pricelss. This is a must have app and is now on my home screen of my iPhone.

My apologies if this has been posted before. :)

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Mint has been available for a while, check out the website as well. Also it works with just about any account out there.

3. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

Yeah it's a great app, just it's delayed in reporting your transactions. Perhaps it's just me.

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I've been using the Mint.com website and iPhone app for a while now, and love them both. Although I do wish that Wells Fargo would get on with the merger and integrate Wachovia accounts into their iPhone app.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes this is a great app. I have 7 accounts synced up with it and it works flawless. It's definitely one of those select few apps that I used every day.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

agree with everyone! this app is great and their website is great too. great tools to keep track of everything!

7. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Okay, so has anyone else had problems over the last few days with Mint? It won't update, either on the iPhone app or at the mint.com webpage. What gives?:confused:

8. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Love mint.com on my Mac, and the app for the phone. Puts everything in one place, very nicely, automatically. (It also prevented me from buying that horrible looking new version of Quicken essentials for Mac)

The only issue I have with it so far, phone or web site, is it doesn't sync properly, or regularly with my Ameriprise financial accounts. Hoping this gets cleared up in the future. Otherwise, it's a great site.

9. chriszzz macrumors 6502

No its not just you. Look at the reviews for the app.

I deleted it after it refused to update my data, yet the website works fine. It was worthless.

10. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Mine started working today after two days off. I can't figure it out, but hell. It's free and it's the only way to get my Wachovia account information on the iPhone.

11. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

When Quicken bought Mint it's my understanding that they simply "turned off" their own online app and all of your data was simply gone and you had to sign up for a Mint account. Now that Mint is owned by Quicken what's to stop them from doing the exact same thing when they make some other change?

I didn't use the online version of Quicken (used PC based version literally starting in the late 80's then switched to MS Money in 2004) so this is simply what I've read, not experienced. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I essentially go "all in" with my money management software and expect it to handle all aspects of money flow to/from/across accounts so I simply can't have it break or disappear.

12. YasminTiara macrumors newbie

agree with everyone! this app and website is great

13. severe macrumors 6502a

I've finally looked further into this app. I think I had been hesitant due to having to submit passwords and such. We'll see how it goes.

So far I'm impressed. Looks like a clean UI. I just hope the account updates come quickly and accurately.

Thanks for the heads up, friends.

EDIT: One major issue for me: the application, unlike the website, does not report one's available cash balance, in a checking account for instance. Strangle enough, this has been brought to their attention many times and doesn't seem like it would be a problem. Again, the website reports this information accurately. Weird.

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I use Quicken online and the App. Nether have been turned off as of today. I'm looking at switching to Mint but if it's basically the same then I don't see a need to switch. For anyone who has/does use both what are the fundamental and practical differences?

15. severe macrumors 6502a

Update:

I've had a Mint account for the past 10 days. My checking account info has suddenly stopped updating. There's been no recorded transactions for nearly a week. Oddly enough, I recently deposited a check that's been properly recorded and updated the balance, however, it's been a few days and it hasn't shown in my transactions, thus rendering my overall budget, expenses, all-of-it, useless.

I've researched this, discovered it's been an issue, and am now waiting on a reply since submitting the bug.

16. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Have you tried logging into the full version of mint.com on a computer and seeing if there are any errors with that account? One of my student loan accounts stops working sometimes and I just have to log into Mint on a computer and retype in my password and security answer for it to begin syncing again.

17. severe macrumors 6502a

STEVESKI07... I have. It was one of the first things I tried. The website via my desktop computer doesn't give any errors. Everything looks as though it's fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Check this out, btw: mint not updating bank accounts

And there are many more posts based on this issue.

18. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I've been using it since last summer. Seems like since they did an update in September it's really slow to update. At least compared to how it used to be.