miops thoughts?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by catfish743, Jul 21, 2014.

1. catfish743, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

The classic method for lightening photography that people have used for about 100 years does not require any trigger. You simply leave the shutter open and hope for lightening, or fire works. If none happens, close the shutter and try again. With film this used to be expensive because you get 100 shots of a blank sky. The trick is in knowing how long you can keep the shutter open before you over expose the sky and it no longer looks dark. Maybe you have to stop down to f/8 or so and go for 2 seconds, then just fire off many 2 second exposures one after the other. zero cost or maybe it is f/16 and 4 seconds or whatever works

3. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

If you shoot Canon install magic lantern. It has a trigger trap function.

4. catfish743 thread starter macrumors 6502

catfish743

I have a 1D Mark IV. :/

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

You might consider the TriggerTrap Ada. The kickstarter campaign is over, and I'm not sure when it will be released. But they already have a GREAT product in the original TriggerTrap, although it doesn't do lightning (but it does do timelapse, which can be helpful in capturing lightning).

Given their excellent history with the original unit, I expect the Ada to be great. It will be modular, so that additional sensor modules can be added. They plan on a lightning module, laser, sound and motion (wildlife).