Miracast support with Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by skallal, Aug 23, 2015.

1. skallal macrumors member

I have a mid 2012 15" MBP running Windows 10 Pro in a Boot Camp partition. Does anyone know if it supports Miracast or not? I suspect not. I've already ran dxdiag which reports negative. Besides running the correct version of Windows, Miracast requires the correct hardware, which is where the Mac may fall short.

Does anyone know for sure?

2. thisMRguy macrumors member

reviving an old thread as I'm interested to know if anyone has miracast working on W10 on mac's

I'm on a 2016 macbook with w10 in bootcamp/vmware.

3. thisMRguy macrumors member

Confirmed, Miracast works under bootcamp once 515 graphic driver from intel are installed.

Now to get it operational under vmware... hmm

4. moser macrumors newbie

I have iMac 27' Mid 2015 using Bootcamp Windows10
    and I couldn't manage to make it work.
    Tried to find the Intel driver you mention but I'm not sure which one to download exactly.

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

It's not just a driver. There are a lot of hardware requirements that all have to be in place, so it really depends on the Mac. You need a supported Intel CPU, a supported Intel GPU, a supported Intel chipset, and a compatible Wi-Fi card.

Here are the requirements:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005492.html

So right off the bat anything using AMD/Nvidia GPU instead of Intel is right out.

6. moser macrumors newbie

I installed an oldest version of the Graphic card driver, now it works.
    Thank you anyway.

7. Juamps81 macrumors newbie

Juamps81

hey moser, which version did you download