Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
For any of you that use this, what device do you have hooked to your tv?

...for those that do not know, it is basically airplay with android phones to any TV with the right device and phone. Thanks in Advance.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm curious too. More curious why my N10 doesn't have support for it yet.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
DLNA is not the same thing as miracast.

I have a gs3 that does not have miracast yet so I use dlna to push videos and streams of web pages to my tv.

They say the gs3 will get support on 4.2 but there is no leaks yet of any 4.2 roms to try out.

The problem is I don't know of a single tv or device that supports miracast yet and dlna has been around for years

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
I have a gs3 that does not have miracast yet so I use dlna to push videos and streams of web pages to my tv.

They say the gs3 will get support on 4.2 but there is no leaks yet of any 4.2 roms to try out.

The problem is I don't know of a single tv or device that supports miracast yet and dlna has been around for years

Basically, you'd have to get an adapter that is Miracast compatible. They tend to run around $50 or so. From what I understand though, you can also use it with a widi capable television.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Basically, you'd have to get an adapter that is Miracast compatible. They tend to run around $50 or so. From what I understand though, you can also use it with a widi capable television.

Exactly. I was wondering if anyone has used any of the devices. Amazon reviews are not promising.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.