mIRC on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by robowolf, Nov 11, 2009.

1. robowolf macrumors newbie

I'm new to both macs and this site, so forgive me if I have this thread in the wrong pace or if my question is ridiculously stupid.

I've been on Windows for years, finally made the switch and everything's working great - except for one thing. I've always used mIRC and it worked perfectly for what I needed - pings ("highlights"), aliases, setting up automatic scripts. I know mIRC is made for PCs and not for macs so I tried out a few different IRC programs - Colloquy, Chatzilla, Snak. None of them work for me; Snak seems to be the closest fit, though I admit I need to test it out more; Colloquy is just difficult to figure out. And, of course, I've been told scripting on Mac IRC programs is difficult.

I really love how my mIRC's set up, so I was wondering - is it possible to use a port like Cider to use mIRC on my Mac without using Fusion or Parallels, like how people used to (and still do) play games? I know just about next to nothing on porting and Macs, so like I said, forgive me if this is a ridiculous question.

2. nigameash macrumors 6502

3. robowolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind - this video can show you how to use Wine to open mIRC!