Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wobegong

Original poster
May 29, 2012
In the interests of exposing as many PPC supported software as possible this popped up on my radar...

http://support.getmiro.com/support/...what-are-the-system-requirements-to-run-miro-

A friend of mine used to use this a lot a few years back, it has good reviews and is pretty up to date on PPC support, a central Vimeo/Youtube/Dailymotion and many more video streamer, no flash, torrent download and episode tracking, music, sharing etc etc. Will have a look at this but wondered if anyone else had experience with it?

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
I've used it before and had an all right experience with it, but my preferred player is definitely VLC.

wobegong

Original poster
May 29, 2012
I've used it before and had an all right experience with it, but my preferred player is definitely VLC.

Yes I wouldn't be using it just as a video player, its the ability to search Youtube, Google Video, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metavid, Miniova, 5min and Blip all from one search - and then to download the video to watch in a playlist later..

Also the "season pass" type subscription to feeds such as TED and to be able to add your own feeds and have Miro automatically download new items as they appear in the background ready for when you want to view them that interests me.

rjcalifornia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
El Salvador
In the interests of exposing as many PPC supported software as possible this popped up on my radar...

http://support.getmiro.com/support/...what-are-the-system-requirements-to-run-miro-

A friend of mine used to use this a lot a few years back, it has good reviews and is pretty up to date on PPC support, a central Vimeo/Youtube/Dailymotion and many more video streamer, no flash, torrent download and episode tracking, music, sharing etc etc. Will have a look at this but wondered if anyone else had experience with it?

It is alright. I use the clickTo plugin for safari

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
Yes I wouldn't be using it just as a video player, its the ability to search Youtube, Google Video, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metavid, Miniova, 5min and Blip all from one search - and then to download the video to watch in a playlist later..

Also the "season pass" type subscription to feeds such as TED and to be able to add your own feeds and have Miro automatically download new items as they appear in the background ready for when you want to view them that interests me.

Well so long as it doesn't use Flash, it's good enough for me! That even goes for Intel Macs, as I try to keep Flash from being used as much as possible.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

I've had it downloaded and used it a couple of times but it is very sluggish on my iBook. This would most likely not be your experience if you had a more powerful machine, so perhaps my experience with it is not exactly the example that you're looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.