Mirror Displays Won't Work With Cintiq

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g124v17y, Jan 29, 2009.

1. g124v17y macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I am a long time reader first time poster here on MR.

I have a PC that I built myself with an E-Fix chip installed. So basically I have mac and windows installed on the same uber computer. I reserve the mac side for my schooling (art college) and photoshop and the like. The windows side is the side used more often and I use it to play games and do general computing on.

So anyway, I recently purchased the Wacom Cintiq 12wx. Now this baby should be really fun to play with, right? Well it's not quite turning out that way. First of all I would like to start by saying everything works fine. Everything turns on and boots and loads no problem. However, when I click on mirror display, (which is how I would like to use my cintiq and my acer 22" monitor) the cintiq works and I see my desktop, but my monitor just shows a blue or black screen. I do see the mouse moving around on my monitor, but besides the mouse there is just blue. I tried setting the resolutions to the same thing while they were extended (which it should do automatically when mirror is selected) and then mirroring and the same thing happens. I tried turning my monitor on and off. Basically, I tried everything I could think of, including searching google for this problem and have come up with bagel. So........

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. g124v17y thread starter macrumors newbie

*UPDATE*
    After doing a little more research I have discovered that Quartz Extreme turns off on my monitor (not cintiq) when I switch to mirrored display.

So - not mirrored - both support Quartz Extreme
    mirrored - only cintiq supports quartz extreme

Why?

Any input would be great!

Sam