Mirror iMac to TV

GAUG3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
I'm new to iMac and Apple products\software. Is it possible to wirelessly mirror the image on the iMac to my TV in another room? Would I need Apple TV for that?

I want to run a program (Trainer Road) on the iMac and see the data on the TV in the next room while I'm on my bike trainer.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
You will need Apple TV for this, or a convoluted set of extra hardware that would probably end up costing more than a $99 Apple TV.

Note that your iMac must be a 2011 model running Mountain Lion for it to work on Apple TV.

Dominic49

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
I'm new to iMac and Apple products\software. Is it possible to wirelessly mirror the image on the iMac to my TV in another room? Would I need Apple TV for that?

I want to run a program (Trainer Road) on the iMac and see the data on the TV in the next room while I'm on my bike trainer.
wow, thats actually a great program. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

What sensors do you use it with?

GAUG3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
You will need Apple TV for this, or a convoluted set of extra hardware that would probably end up costing more than a $99 Apple TV.

Note that your iMac must be a 2011 model running Mountain Lion for it to work on Apple TV.
Great! That is what I have. Thanks!

wow, thats actually a great program. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

What sensors do you use it with?
I have the CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro trainer. I plan to use my 310xt and cadence\speed sensor. You simply plug in the USB ANT stick and run the program. I dropped some $$$$ on the iMac instead of a powermeter. So, this is my "poor man's computrainer" :D

GAUG3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010

Worked perfectly! Thank you.

mlamb64150

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2012
Isle of Man
hi guys,

Just a quick related question about Airplay to TV. Does this transmit audio from your Mac to TV, as well as the video?

Thanks.