Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
How do I get notifications on both phone and watch. Sometimes I do not feel the haptic vibration of hear the watch so I want my phone to still sound off when I get an email, text or phone call.

Sorry for the newbie question but it is my first day with the watch.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
How do I get notifications on both phone and watch. Sometimes I do not feel the haptic vibration of hear the watch so I want my phone to still sound off when I get an email, text or phone call.

like any Apple device where ever you answer the notification first with stop/silence it on other devices. Now if you don't answer/view an incoming notification it will ping/sound off on all the devices that are aloud to receive that notification. In your case if you want the notification to go off on your phone and watch then just don't answer/view it when it comes in until both your phone and watch receive it.

For me there is up to a 13 sec delay between when my iPhone received at message notification until my AW alerts me. So I still pick up my phone first 95% of the time.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
like any Apple device where ever you answer the notification first with stop/silence it on other devices. Now if you don't answer/view an incoming notification it will ping/sound off on all the devices that are aloud to receive that notification. In your case if you want the notification to go off on your phone and watch then just don't answer/view it when it comes in until both your phone and watch receive it.

For me there is up to a 13 sec delay between when my iPhone received at message notification until my AW alerts me. So I still pick up my phone first 95% of the time.

I am not answering the notification. If I get an email, the only way I know is to look at my watch and see the red dot or if I look at my phone. The email could have come 30 minutes ago and I will not know unless I look at my watch for the dot or look at my phone.

I feel like I am missing the haptic vibration and even the watch ding so I want my phone to make the same noise it always has when I get an email or text before I started to use the watch.

Is there a setting I need to use to keep the sounds active on my phone while using the watch?

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012

You can't, i wanted the notifications to come on both devices but you can't do it :(

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK

I've had this delay too, which coming from my garmin vivosmart is odd as that used to buzz most of the time before my phone did!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.