Mirroring Data

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ptdavidson87, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ptdavidson87 macrumors newbie

Here is the problem I have. At work I have an 8 Core Mac Pro, with a separate 2TB drive, that I use as a library that I access and change every day. I also have a removable drive same size 2TB, that I tote home with the exact information to use on my Imac. I'm looking for an easy solution or program so that the two drives sync, when I have the portable drive plugged into the Mac Pro.

In essence when the two drive see each other, they sync up, so If I make changes on the portable, it updates the stationary (mac pro drive) If I make changes to the stationary it updates the portable when plugged into the stationary drive.

Thanks for any help

2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

You could use carbon copy cloner to clone the drive. As far as cloning as soon as both drives are mounted, I would say an automator script.

I would guess you would want the script to run at the end of the day when you're finished, since you said you are changing files all day, but maybe I misunderstood. There may be an option in CCC that can do what you're looking for too.

Edit:Thinking about it further, there probably is a setting in CCC to update only changed files once you've cloned the drive initially.