Mirroring iPod Playlist to Computer Playlist?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Sep 26, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I made the mistake of manually managing my iPod songs. Now as a safety thing, I wanna make a playlist on my computer of all the songs that I currently have on my iPod... This will be very time consuming because I'd have to go and read some of my iPod contents, then go back and find those songs and add them to a playlist, go back, read some more songs, go and find them again and add them to a playlist... very tedious indeed. Is there a one button solution for this type of activity?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

The easiest way is to just open iTunes, click on the music tab, select all (hold shift and click on first and last or Ctrl+A), and drag them to an empty area below playlists. A new playlist will form, just change the name and make sure "All songs and playlists" is clicked under the music tab on your iPod Touch tab on iTunes. I believe it only adds the "checked" songs to the playlist (even if they aren't all on your iPod Touch) when you transfer it over, so adding all to a playlist should be alright.

4. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I know how to add playlists to my iPod... I'm trying to get a playlist OFF my iPod and onto my computer. I don't need to copy the songs.. just the play order.

5. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante