Mirroring Won't Work! Need Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g124v17y, Jan 30, 2009.

1. g124v17y macrumors newbie

Ok so when I try and set my two monitors to mirror each other, my primary desktop becomes my secondary desktop, and quartz extreme turns off on the monitor that WAS my primary. I do see everything fine on one screen but the other screen all I can see is my mouse moving around. I've tried everything I can think of and I don't know if the Quartz Extreme turning off is a problem or not. Just so you know they work fine while extended desktop is enabled.

I have a Geforce 9800 GTX graphics card.

Please help,
    Sam

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I assume you're using a Mac Pro in Windows, yes? What version of Windows? What other card do you have? We just need a little more information.

3. g124v17y thread starter macrumors newbie

Well no, I have an E-Fix chip installed that lets me install windows and mac on two separate hard drives. Everything works great with this so I don't think it's the problem.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, it's a Hackintosh.

You'll find more help (simply because it's dedicated to this sort of thing) on the main Hackintosh forum. I don't remember if we can tell you the name.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It is, and sorry we cant help you, but google can.

6. g124v17y thread starter macrumors newbie

ugh, well what if you pretend like I didn't say that? what would my next step be?

7. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Lmfao, good post!

There a differences between real macs and hackintoshes, mainly, hardware differences etc. Just google hackintosh forum