Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gilljoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I just picked up a new contract earlier on this morning, I initially went in looking to get an iphone 4 16gb on the £30 pm tariff for 18 months with an unlimited text add-on, this would have brought the tariff up to £35 a month which i was expecting to pay.

The sales assistant told me that I may as well go on the 18 month £35pm tariff as it comes with 600 minutes and unlimited texts. I double checked this with the sales assistant twice before buying the phone as well as later on that evening when I called back into the store and another sales assistant confirmed that it was unlimited texts.

After getting home and setting up my phone and installing the your Orange app and signing into my account it says that I only receive 500 any time texts per month. And now I've looked on the orange website for iphones and it says a £35 18month contract is only entitled to 600mins and 500texts.

So have would you say that I been mis-sold the contract?

Im happy enough to go back to a 30pm with an add-on but I feel that I was mislead into taking the £35pm tariff.

the only thing it says on my contract is that im entitled to
140 mins unlimited texts and 117mb of data pro rata

Should I contact orange directly and complain or go back to the store ( where the staff dont seem to know what their on about)

gilljoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
cheers man,

yea i rang up and checked what i was entitled to pro-rata and yup the person in the store completly mis-sold my contract.

only entitled to 600min and 500 texts according to the girl on the phone,

gona call back in today before work

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
From looking at the website i think he got confused with the fact that the 24 month plan offers unlimited texts not the 18 month. But with a loss of 200 minutes a month. Popping back into the shop should get things sorted easily enough

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.