Misaligned bottom plate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toffa813, Sep 11, 2010.

1. toffa813 macrumors regular

I just noticed that the one corner my new MBP (which I've had for about 3 months) has become (or was always, but I think I would've have noticed before now) misaligned and separated from the body a bit. Is this something I should worry about, and if so, what should I do? I feel like it could only get worse and somehow become a problem.

2. toffa813 thread starter macrumors regular

Whoops, I thought it uploaded the picture but it was too big so it didn't.

Attached Files:

3. diehldun, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

diehldun macrumors 6502a

Hey, I just stumbled across this (old) thread. Did it get any worse? I dropped my 1 month-old 15" MBP while it was inside my backpack, and it looks EXACTLY like that right now.

On mine, the bottom plate is "cutting" into the body at a slight angle because of this misalignment, and my concern is that it's going to stress that point where they intersect... and possibly crack (I already see a few very faint stress lines from the initial impact, which deformed that corner). Especially when I put my MBP on the table and type... I feel like it's putting pressure on that point where they meet.

Should I just ignore it, or remove the bottom plate and somehow "form" the corner back into shape, so that the bottom plate can fit in and become flush again? I feel like that is going to be very hard to do though.