misdiagnosed MBP 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meandmymac, Jun 12, 2011.

1. meandmymac macrumors newbie

so; I live in Botswana and there is only one qualified mac technician. 3 months ago my screen went black and my MBP 15" (early 2008 model - penryn) died. I brought it to the technician and he told me that I need a new logicboard.
    it took me 3 months to find a new logicboard. I was there when he replaced the board and my poor MBP still didnt turn on. He then suspected the RAM (which turned out to be ok) and then he finally found the culprit in the pcba.
    when we took out the RAM it made the loud beep noise and he was like 'at least we have improvement it didnt do this the last time' but it did... i took the RAM out at the beginning of this and i told him about it.

Now I'd like to ask; how could this happen? how could he misdiagnose my mac, cost me a shht load of money and let me be 3months without my mac (im a photographer and i need my mac for editing)?

2. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

Maybe hes a moron...

3. meandmymac, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

meandmymac thread starter macrumors newbie

hes the best/only one we have... and hes a certified mac technician... i think he was just lazy and went for the first option, but i don't wanna make waves if it was a justified/normal mistake...

so please help! was it negligence or a genuine mistake?