Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Misfit today announced the launch of a new Make Your Misfit (M.Y. Misfit) service, which is designed to allow users to mix-and-match Misfit wearable devices and bands to create a customized activity tracker or smart watch.

Misfit makes a range of affordable activity trackers, including the Shine 2, the Ray, Phase, and Vapor, all of which are now customizable using the Make Your Misfit Service.

makeyourmisfit-800x397.jpg

Customers can choose an activity tracker in a wide range of colors, including Jet, Rose, Silver, Midnight, and Champagne, and then choose a strap to match. Misfit is offering silicone, field, paracord, and leather straps to match its activity trackers.

According to the company, there are more than 600 possible combinations at launch, with plans to add more options throughout the year. With so many combinations available, Misfit will be offering some of the most customizable activity tracker options on the market.

The Make Your Misfit site is available as of today, with activity tracker pricing starting at $79.99 for the Shine 2 and the Ray activity trackers and going up to $149.99 for the Misfit Phase smart watch. The Misfit Vapor smart watch will be available soon.

Article Link: Misfit Debuts New 'Make Your Misfit' Customizable Activity Tracker Options

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
Nice article, but what has this to do with Apple?

MacRumors should either go big (general site) or go home (niche).

I would like to see a general tech site with MR writers.

Reactions: UltimaKilo

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Nice article, but what has this to do with Apple?

MacRumors should either go big (general site) or go home (niche).

I would like to see a general tech site with MR writers.

I disagree with you. Not everything on this website has to be Apple related and certain articles contribute to the same technology that Apple is involved in or could be directly a competitor to Apple.

Readers want to know Apple related/Apple non-related news as well. Why visit three or four other sites that report or rehash the same articles one MacRumors generally reports the same topics.

Furthermore, they have a long history of forum members who have been on here since the debut of this website back in 2000.

More so on topic: Misfit is just another smaller fitness band in this era of smart watches. It really can't be compared to an Apple Watch, but it shows where other manufacturers are aimed towards.

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
All these wearable articles that I've been seeing has caused David Bowie's, "Fashion" to get stuck in my head.

"We are the goon squad and we're coming to town ... beep-beep."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.