Misinformation from Apple about RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nd1993, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Nd1993 macrumors newbie

Here's the deal:

I've been really excited to throw out my 2007 black MacBook and finally get my hands on a new Retina Display MacBook Pro. After the unveiling on Monday, I called my local Apple store and asked them when they would have them available for purchase, assuming that it would be sooner than the "1-2 weeks" quoted for ordering one online. The employee told me "We'll have them tomorrow". I was excited but a bit skeptical, because I know that Apple keeps their employees in the dark.

Sure enough, they didn't arrive on Tuesday. They didn't arrive today either. I went in to talk to them, and was a bit annoyed to see that Apple had sent the store 4 RMBPs to put on display, without sending any more for them to sell. Shameless.

Anyways, the employee there told me he had no idea when he would get them, so I called Apple, and was pretty surprised at what the sales representitive told me. She basically said that the people who ordered them online would be the first ones to get their hands on the computer, and only after that would they start sending them to stores. With the new estimates for shipping, she essentially told me that Apple stores won't have any Retina MBPs for almost a month.

Can this really be true?

2. undies1993 macrumors 6502a

I find that hard to believe. It would be an Apple first, I believe.

3. mleary macrumors regular

People have already purchased the laptop from stores, so no.