Misleading benchmarks

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Faux Carnival, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I haven't watched the videos you posted yet, but I have seen a lot of test...not benchmarks that clearly show the iphone5 out performing the nexus4; however, in real world usage it is not a big difference. You will notice the apps opening faster on the i5 though.

3. Faux Carnival thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily, you should watch the videos.

4. mattopotamus, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012

mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Just watched the first one and the i5 is still slightly faster. That was my experience when using apps like Facebook, scorecenter, and the browser. Granted the nexus browser is really poor at the moment...well laggy. Mobile sites look faster on the nexus and full sites faster on the iPhone. I always use full sites unless it's an app.

Oh and google now is better than Siri, but needs to be implemented into the actual os...not just google searches

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

6. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Yes it has.

One thing though is that Safari on iOS is the fastest browser due to it being the only one allowed to use the nitro engine.

On the Nexus though you can get better performance from, say, dolphin. Using anything other than Safari on iOS degrades performance.

But still, even Safari iOS vs Chrome Android it was negligible.

Michael