Miss my jailbreak!

coolhands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Upgraded to 5.1 and I am already missing all my tweaks!!!:(:(

Anyone else out there eagerly awaiting a jailbreak for A5 devices?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I still have my jailbreak. Those battery bug fixes are a joke.
if I was the TS I would have at least waited to find out if loosing the jailbreak was worth it sounds like it's not. people reports are a joke any way they report better battery life when the firmware update doesn't even include a batter fix can you say Placebo effect. :rolleyes:

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
if I was the TS I would have at least waited to find out if loosing the jailbreak was worth it sounds like it's not. people reports are a joke any way they report better battery life when the firmware update doesn't even include a batter fix can you say Placebo effect. :rolleyes:
It does say 'Addresses bugs affecting battery life' though.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
i really doubt anyone is working on it. im sure pod2g is over it, maybe spending his cash from his latest work. once that goes dry, maybe he will try to get 5.1 or the A5X
here he is out cruising in his new gas efficient car. in reality he probably just sick of all the BS I don't blame him.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I upgraded my 4S and 3GS on Saturday. The only thing i JB for was 3G Unrestrictor and iBlacklist, both things I can live without.

If I start getting unwanted calls, changing numbers on Verizon is free.

GzyOnline

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
Jumped the gun on the supposed "better battery". I still can't get through a whole day:mad:
i'm new to iOS 5.0.1.. was on 4.2.1, forever loyal!!:D.. after a week on iOS 5.0.1, I experienced the quickly draining battery as well.. however, my 3+yrs experience w/:apple:iPhone's have taught me one thing, a draining battery is due to stuff (constantly)running (maybe in the background).. before jumping on the blame :apple: & their new iOS bandwagon, i put my 2cents together.. I disabled all that I had enabled in the notification center (weather,stocks,facebook,mail [set to fetch every hour],bleacher report) and just left text messages and yahoo! sportacular... low/n/behold::: my battery lasts much longer!!:eek:
[MY THEORY]::Yes, w/the new iOS your battery may seem to drain a lot quicker but it's not a bug w/the iOS, it's because it's new features now have you constantly running stuff in the background and that will surely cause your battery to drain quicker... Either the phone needs a higher capacity battery (obviously this is not an option for us users), or YOU just need to turn all that **** off!

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
p0d2g is actively working on finding a vulnerability in 5.1 according to his tweets. keep fingers crossed.

Synergie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Halifax, Canada
Keep in mnd it could be a while. Going through 700+ mb and looking for the needle in a haystack is not easy. Unless your the mythbusters. :p
What I don't understand is how do they even get access to the system code in the first place in order to be able to look for vulnerabilities to exploit?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Synergie said:
Keep in mnd it could be a while. Going through 700+ mb and looking for the needle in a haystack is not easy. Unless your the mythbusters. :p
What I don't understand is how do they even get access to the system code in the first place in order to be able to look for vulnerabilities to exploit?
A decent software editor will allow that. The difficult part is reading through sll the lines of codes. It's actully much more difficult then writing the program.