Miss my jailbreak!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by coolhands, Mar 10, 2012.

1. coolhands macrumors regular

Upgraded to 5.1 and I am already missing all my tweaks!!!:(:(

Anyone else out there eagerly awaiting a jailbreak for A5 devices?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

wjy did you do that there might not be a jailbreak for months..:eek: (happy waiting)

3. coolhands thread starter macrumors regular

Jumped the gun on the supposed "better battery". I still can't get through a whole day:mad:

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I still have my jailbreak. Those battery bug fixes are a joke.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

if I was the TS I would have at least waited to find out if loosing the jailbreak was worth it sounds like it's not. people reports are a joke any way they report better battery life when the firmware update doesn't even include a batter fix can you say Placebo effect. :rolleyes:

6. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

7. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i just ssh'ed into my iphone to mess around with stuff. was awesome.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

You can go buy a new one, or throw that one against the wall and get a refurbished. I'm almost sure that you'll get a 5.0 or 5.01.

9. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

It does say 'Addresses bugs affecting battery life' though.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

not sure that's covered under warranty, haha. Unless you have AC+ and want to shell out 50 bucks.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

true in this case but my jailbreak is worth more to me and many others! :D plus in reading what people have said it's mixed reviews on the battery improvements.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You'll be waiting for a while...

13. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i really doubt anyone is working on it. im sure pod2g is over it, maybe spending his cash from his latest work. once that goes dry, maybe he will try to get 5.1 or the A5X

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

here he is out cruising in his new gas efficient car. in reality he probably just sick of all the BS I don't blame him.

[​IMG]

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I upgraded my 4S and 3GS on Saturday. The only thing i JB for was 3G Unrestrictor and iBlacklist, both things I can live without.

If I start getting unwanted calls, changing numbers on Verizon is free.

16. GzyOnline macrumors newbie

i'm new to iOS 5.0.1.. was on 4.2.1, forever loyal!!:D.. after a week on iOS 5.0.1, I experienced the quickly draining battery as well.. however, my 3+yrs experience w/:apple:iPhone's have taught me one thing, a draining battery is due to stuff (constantly)running (maybe in the background).. before jumping on the blame :apple: & their new iOS bandwagon, i put my 2cents together.. I disabled all that I had enabled in the notification center (weather,stocks,facebook,mail [set to fetch every hour],bleacher report) and just left text messages and yahoo! sportacular... low/n/behold::: my battery lasts much longer!!:eek:
    [MY THEORY]::Yes, w/the new iOS your battery may seem to drain a lot quicker but it's not a bug w/the iOS, it's because it's new features now have you constantly running stuff in the background and that will surely cause your battery to drain quicker... Either the phone needs a higher capacity battery (obviously this is not an option for us users), or YOU just need to turn all that **** off!

17. thegreati, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  18. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

p0d2g is actively working on finding a vulnerability in 5.1 according to his tweets. keep fingers crossed.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Keep in mnd it could be a while. Going through 700+ mb and looking for the needle in a haystack is not easy. Unless your the mythbusters. :p

20. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

21. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I was reading up on a Semi-Tethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1, is this only for a4 devices? Or is this for the A5 devices as well?

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

A4 devices only that that's the norm since the limera1n exploit was found. Does not spply to the 4s

23. Synergie macrumors 6502a

What I don't understand is how do they even get access to the system code in the first place in order to be able to look for vulnerabilities to exploit?

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

A decent software editor will allow that. The difficult part is reading through sll the lines of codes. It's actully much more difficult then writing the program.