Miss my Windows Keystrokes---help to recreate on MacBook?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by blugown, Mar 20, 2008.

1. blugown macrumors newbie

just installed XP on my new macbook (12/2K7 machine) using bootcamp. all's well in general, but i'm missing very helpful keys that don't exist/don't work the same way. I've searched the Keyboard options in Windows Control Panel to no avail, so I'm missing something?

Specifically:
    page up/down (Fn-arrow keys work when I boot to Mac, but not on Windows side)
    F5 toggle to project a slide show or app to a presentation monitor or projector---the machine doesn't seem to want to do anything but extend the monitor).
    Ctl-home/Ctl-end function

I admit that I'm a newbie to Mac and to forums such as these, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

There is a keymapper program out there somewhere, I forget what it's called but I think it does what you are looking for.

3. Boemer macrumors newbie

Would love to know that keymapper tool, still looking for it... I found DoubleCommand, but it doens't seem to work under Leopard... Even the last beta version....

4. Boemer macrumors newbie

This link is for a program you can run under windows, to emulate your mac features.

I'm not sure, but I got the impression the thread-starter is looking for a way to make the shortcuts he knew under windows available under mac.

There are 1000 programs to do exactly that which the link above does. But I couldn't one good program that does it the other way, the only program that comes close was DoubleCommand, but it doesn't really work for everyone under leopard...