missed 5.0 signing window what now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brokin, Nov 11, 2011.

1. brokin macrumors member

im still on 4.3.5 with my jailbreak. i was going to update to 5 before 5.0.1 came out but things got busy and i just got around to it this morning. apple isnt signing 5.0 now. am i going to miss out on 5 and the jailbreak now?

2. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

Yep. You will definitely miss out. Might as well throw your iPhone into the nearest body of water.

No one here can tell you either way with certainty.

3. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

exactly, your pretty much handcuffed. first priority would be getting the jb out for 5.0. then they will look at 5.0.1 exploits. I'm guessing here.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I really don't understand why you ever waited in the first place. Both 4.3.5 and 5.0 are tethered jailbreaks anyways, so you've only been shorting yourself the benefits of 5.0. Sorry you missed out.

5. brokin thread starter macrumors member

correction I am 4.3.3 so it was untethered that's why i waited. Im pretty happy with my phone now only annoying thing is that some apps require 5.0 and i cant download them. ill be sitting on my hands then :-(

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

It cuts both ways. You have those who rush headlong into making stupid decisions to updating and losing their jailbreak and unlock and then you have those who just watch opportunity pass them by... Act, but act carefully.

7. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

hackthatphone...are you changing up your tuts for ios5? or is it all the same file structure? so your tuts will still work?

8. karl184 macrumors member

I was able to update to 5.0 last night. Except for your app situation, you're not missing much IMO.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well same options as always...you can either wait..or just go to the most current release and missed out on the fun. ;)

10. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

until the untether comes out for it...and he is at 5.0.1 waiting even longer.

11. brokin thread starter macrumors member

ya thats why i never updated not too much i am missing. i was hoping for siri port but im not holding my breath for that. o well another jailbreak will be out soon enough. i emailed the developer of that app and he plans on updating it so you can still use it on 4 so its not so bad after all. thanks for all the nfo guys. lesson learned you snooze you lose.

edit: lol tethered jailbreak out for 5.0.1 with semitether still working. guess ill jump on it now so i dont miss wave 2

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...3gs-ipad-ipod-touch-using-redsn0w-semitether/

12. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I was rushing to get the 5.0 jailbreak done yesterday before it was too late. Unfortunately I ran into a lot of problems (my fault no doubt) and my only option ended up being a restore to 5.0.1. I'm really missing my jailbreak and probably going back to 4.3.5. 5.0 has some cute new features, but not enough to outweigh the productivity gains from a full jailbreak!

13. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I was in the same situation as the OP I decided to upgrade to 5.0 on my iPod and ipad2 just so I could get the latest JB when it comes out. Because who knows when the next ios5.x.x JB will be out. I would rather wait A month or so for the 5.0 JB than wait 6 months for the next JB to appear.

14. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

For clarification, they should be able to update redsn0w to break 5.01 tethered using the limra1n exploit on A4 devices, yes?

15. AnionicStrength macrumors member

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

A4 devices will Always be (tethered) jailbreakable since the exploit is on the Bootrom.

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

So if someone with an iphone 4 was jailbroken on 4.3.3 but missed the window to jb and/or update to 5.0, there's really no harm in going with a tethered jb on 5.0.1, right? They won't lose anything by doing that.