Missed all notification as SMS not as imessage

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by laudern, Sep 19, 2014.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

Hi this has been happening for a long time now, prior to iOS 8, but is also happening in iOS 8 so I thought I'd just post it here.

My i message seems to be working well (with the exception that when someone starts a new conversation with me it comes across as an sms, and as soon as I reply in the same thread everything from then on becomes iMessage).

But what I wanted to talk about was the ams you receive from a missed call.

If I get a missed call from someone who I know has iMessage and I have a conversation thread which is in iMessage. Whenever I get a missed call, the missed call sms never comes across as an iMessage. Is this normal?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. laudern thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hummm. Ok this must be an Australian thing. Whenever you miss a call you receive a sms telling you a voicemail was left/ wasn't left.

4. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Wow. Do you get charged for that?

5. laudern, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

laudern thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now I think about it, maybe we don't. Sms's are so cheap/ often free I couldn't tell you.

It's just annoying having another convention created and sometimes posting in that thread and the recipient not getting it because they are on an iPad.

the sms's are probably originating from the line provider and not the actual callers iPhone, even though when I reply to the thread with a ams the original caller receives my sms's