Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now that Amazon's Prime Early Access Sale has ended, many of the week's best sales have expired. However, we're tracking two Apple products that remain at their best-ever prices even after the end of the event, including the Apple Watch Series 8 and iPad mini 6.

october-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple Watch Series 8

The 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 8 remains at $349.00 in two colors of aluminum: (PRODUCT)RED and Midnight. Both colors are in stock and ready to ship from Amazon, with delivery estimates between October 15 and 18.

You can also get the 45mm GPS Apple Watch Series 8 for $379.00 on Amazon, down from $429.00. This one is only available in (PRODUCT)RED at this price, and it has a delivery estimate of October 16 to 18 from Amazon.

iPad Mini

Additionally, Amazon has all four colors of the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 for $399.99, down from $499.00. This is the best price we've ever seen on this iPad mini, and most colors can be delivered as soon as this Saturday.

The 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 is still on sale for $549.99, down from $649.00. This one is available in all four colors as well: Starlight, Space Gray, Purple, and Pink, and again most can be delivered as soon as this Saturday.

If you're shopping for cellular models, the 64GB cellular iPad mini 6 is priced at $549.99 and the 256GB cellular iPad mini 6 is priced at $699.99. Both of these sales again represent $99 discounts on regular prices, and are record low sales for each tablet.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Missed Amazon Prime Early Access? You Can Still Get Apple Watch Series 8 and iPad Mini 6 for Record Low Prices Today

Sasparilla

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Its a nice little discount so close to launch if you're wanting one. Was originally going to upgrade from my Series 6 to a Series 8, but will probably wait till the Series 9 as the 8 does not seem very compelling and the 6 is performing fine.

sw1tcher

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
Its a nice little discount so close to launch if you're wanting one. Was originally going to upgrade from my Series 6 to a Series 8, but will probably wait till the Series 9 as the 8 does not seem very compelling and the 6 is performing fine.
There isn't going to be a Series 9 like there wasn't an iPhone 9. Blame 7 ;)

(Black Friday and Cyber Monday are around the corner. Wait for better deals)

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I know that's not how the article rolls, but I was still expecting it to say if you missed out on Early Access, you can just wait for the next Prime Day because Amazon is doing more and more of these anyways. :D

Last edited:

erikkfi

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2017
Cancel your Prime subscription and support smaller retailers that aren’t subsidized by a giant money-printing cloud computing business.

Sometimes paying more is OK.

Reactions: Captain Trips

iksnirks

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2017
I'm thinking about upgrading from a 4. looks like you can go down a further $100 lower on a used 7. hmm

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Cancel your Prime subscription and support smaller retailers that aren’t subsidized by a giant money-printing cloud computing business.

Way ahead of you there! :) I cancelled Prime a few months back.

A lot of prices directly on sellers' sites, and even Ebay are cheaper to somewhat more, even when you do pay for shipping. I don't buy that much anyways that if I really do need to buy from Amazon, it's cheaper to just pay for shipping out-of-pocket.

I used Prime Video a lot, but I've rotated to other streaming services. I'll return when I'm off them and have the time, but even then, I'll just get Prime Video a la carte for $9 a month (instead of paying $15 for the whole of Prime, of which I don't use any of their other features anyways).

scheinderrob

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2021
this is so tempting, i'd like the oxygen sensor in the watch. just don't know how to get rid of my current one, series 5. ebay?

Aston441

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Come Christmas retailers will be reeling. This is the first time in more than a decade we'll be seeing huge price slashes by January to clear inventory.

Aston441

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014

I usually most find stuff listed on Amazon 10-30% cheaper elsewhere now. Just takes the slightest effort. Amazon thinks they can keep their prices jacked because they think people are still too lazy to do a minimal search, and to some extent they are right, but for how long? The other big issue with Amazon, is that so much of their stuff is counterfeit, even high end European motor oil and filters! I'll only buy critical items like that directly, or from a major auto store or Walmart now. My Amazon purchases have trickled to almost zero. Haven't canceled Prime yet, but might soon.

Reactions: AppleEnthusiast1995

ngextreme

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020

Wonder how many small retailers using Amazon, Etsy and eBay market places to make their income will agree with you. Clearly you must just be a an employee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.