Missed Call From Myself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lightey, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Lightey macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 - 32 GB Black on AT&T, running iOS 5.1.1. Lately, I've been receiving "Missed Calls" from my own cell phone number, and I'm wondering how this could be happening. Is this a glitch? Any help would be appreciated.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

3. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

Impossible. It's a missed call from the same phone that has the missed call.

4. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Back to the Future? So maybe either a service call (I think maybe some providers call and it comes up as your own number), pocket dial, or maybe some kind of software glitch which you could try updates/ restoring your iPhone. Sorry I can't actually be of much help.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

If you call your own cellphone number from the same phone it automatically goes to your voicemail box.

I just did it.

6. TitanApe macrumors member

7. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Sounds like Caller ID hacking. I've heard of apps that do that on jailbroken phones.

8. DJinTX macrumors 6502

This just happened to me, at 4:05am. I was asleep after a late night and didn't get to bed until 3am. I was very tired so I'm not sure what happened, but something woke me up at 4:05, and my phone screen was lit up with a missed call from myself. Something weird is going on here.