Missed Calls...Even When I Pick Up

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ghsNick, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Hi All -

I noticed an issue with missed calls. Let's say my wife calls me and I pick up, immediately after the call it shows a missed call at the same time from her.

I think this has to do with me syncing up my iMac to take calls and pick most stuff up on my iPhone. When I don't pick up the iMac call I think it's registering as a missed call on the iMac which then goes into my call history.

Is this normal or happening to anyone else?

Thanks!

2. rexone, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

rexone macrumors regular

Lake Weyba on the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast :)
    Hey @ghsNick I haven't experienced this particular problem but have other bizarre call register problems that are sort of similar that are driving me nuts (about to ask for assistance in forums on these probs)
    Sorry, no help but I feel your pain...

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I disabled calls on my iMac and the missed calls went away. I re-enabled it and they're back.

Let me know if you figure out what the issue is!

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I suppose you checked your blocked call list...

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

This is still happening guys (and gals).

It must be because I linked my phone number to my iMac and iPad Pro. Whenever I pick up a call on my iPhone I immediately see I have a missed call from the same person. Part of me thinks that when I don't pick up on the computer (or iPad) it registers on the device as a missed call and syncs to my iPhone.

Any idea on how to fix this?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tired unlinking your number to see if that gets rid of the issue? At least as far as trying to isolate it to see what might be behind/related to it?

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have this same problem with WiFi Calling enabled on all of my devices. When I answer the call on one device, all my other devices register it as a missed call. This has been happening since continuity was launched and you could answer phone calls on nearby devices. WiFi calling just increased the annoyance because now those missed calls register 100% of the time instead of when I am just home and nearby my other devices.