Missed FedEx Delivery :(

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pinoyplaya, Jun 17, 2009.

1. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I'm a little upset because I have been waiting all day for the package to arrive and then I guess the FedEx guy came just right after I left the house. My parents wanted to look for car so I came with them because I know a lot more about it and I could explain to them. We have been researching the car for a little over a month now and so today, we decided to purchase the one they really want.

I guess its okay because my parents are giving me their current car and I will just sell my old car and give them the money I will make from it.

But yea, a little upset and that I would have to wait for another day to get the MacBook Pro. Hopefully I wont miss it again tomorrow... cuz I have another busy day.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dude that sucks. I guess someonee better be home tomorrow..

3. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Shame. I've been working like crazy, but luckily my father more or less works from home.

Plus my delivery is guaranteed by Monday at 10:30AM, so assuming it comes Monday, I'm set. (I work a 1-9pm shift)

4. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

I know. I hate how they keep us last on their deliveries too. They go to the businesses first :(

But Im hoping it will be here within the next hour or two. I will be here waiting for it haha.

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

call up fedex and have them hold it at their facility and go pick it up urself.

6. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Woot woot... I just got it!

Edit:

I notice that there is a small dent on the back :( like a pea size dent ;(

7. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Don't want to hijack this thread but...

A few months ago, my dad ordered a Xerox scanner. It was to be delivered by FedEx. On the first attempt, they missed. They rang the neighbor's door bell, and the neighbors were home, but the guy couldn't wait 15 secons for someone to get to the door.

8. Andy348 macrumors 6502

When I ordered my MB, the FedEx guy left it right outside my door. Thank god I don't live on a busy street because the "Apple Refurbished MacBook" sign was facing outwards onto the street. Turns out that we didn't agree or sign anything to allow them to leave it there, yet upon calling FedEx, "this was standard practice".

9. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Same thing happened with my mini! The "Certified Apple Reconditioned" was printed HUGE and for all to see.

10. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

I hate when I miss FedEx or any delivery for that matter. I feel your pain. This is why I had my 3GS delivered to my office.. :D

11. duky macrumors 6502

Same here, can't wait till tomorrow woo. I did manage to miss the delivery of my iMac when it came via FedEx--the driver didn't want to leave it outside the door because the apartment number wasn't listed on the package. I called FedEx 15 minutes later when I saw the Exception and they tried "sending the driver a message" but of course the driver ignored it till 5:30 when they called to say it's at the depot and they'd redeliver tomorrow. I tried my best to wait but by 7pm I was dying so I spent $30 on a taxi and went to pick it up--some things you just have to do for yourself,

12. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

I got everything setup now... all music on my new MacBook and everything works great. I love the backlit keyboard! Worth the upgrade!

13. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Damn it! Now I missed my iPod delivery today haha. The stupid fedex thing says before 10:30 AM and I left at 11:00 AM ... and also because I forgot the package was going to be delivered today haha.

Dam you FedEx!!!!

14. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Your computer was delivered before your iPod? Wow.

15. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, the iPod was sent from China lol. Engraved with my name and number... kinda lame lol I could have been a lot more creative