Missed Launch - iPhone Availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aperture, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I was out of town for the launch and have decided to purchase an iPhone 3G. What is my best option of finding one? I understand AT&T offered direct fulfillment as an option on the launch day but can I still walk into the store and pre-order/DF one?... Or is it simply whoever shows up first in the morning?

I called my local AT&T stores and they all said they're not expecting any till next week. My local Apple store said they usually get daily shipments, though the online availability checker is saying there are none in stock.

Thanks

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Dont follow the apple online availability thing. It lies. It said my apple store had none in stock. I went there anyways and there was a line of 100 ppl waiting. I also saw people walking out with brand new iphones.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I really don't want my parent waiting for 3 hours only to leave empty handed. The website says that my Apple Store will have no phones tomorrow, this can't be though. Ughh I guess I'll just call when it opens and hope the line isn't that long and hope that the 16GB black is in stock.

4. dap1215 macrumors regular

The iphone is going to be hard to get for the next week or so. After that you will be able to walk into a store and get one with no wait, no lines, no BS. Just hold tight for a few days and all this busyness will die down and you will be able to get an iphone. The world will go on if you don't get an iphone tomorrow. I promise!

5. mikebaker1975 macrumors newbie

True but how many people walked out with a new phone. I just went thru every state and it was "out" almost everywhere. I can't imagine them not keeping it somewhat up to date. Why would they want to advertise being "out of stock"?

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Just go to your Apple store and see what they have. If the online stock status say they have some, they will. They usually get shipments in at night probably.

7. dap1215 macrumors regular

Kinda creates a buzz.. If you cant get it, it makes people want it more.

I was in the apple store today playing with the iphone 3G and a 24' iMac (i may add to my mac family) and heard a lady come in and say she would buy one 3G for her entire family if they would just charge full price (not the at&t price) on her CC and she would pick them up at a moments notice when they came in. They of course said no, they can do that, it's 1st come 1st serve.

But you could see that it made her want them more, she was trying all sorts of ideas. Can I do this, how about that, when can I get this and how can I get that so on..

:apple: buzz!

8. mikebaker1975 macrumors newbie

Buzz

I agree on creating buzz...but creating buzz isn't really a problem for the iPhone right now.

9. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Saying they are out of stock doesn't create any buzz at all. Now, saying they *are* in stock and having really long lines and people taking hours to get their phones, THAT creates buzz!