Missed out on the refurbished Iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alika4288, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Alika4288 macrumors newbie

I missed out on the AT&T 249 refurbished Iphone, i am so pissed. Any ideas on when they might be back on the site? I had read somewhere that AT&T took it off the site because they were backordered, if so maybe theres still hope.

2. Alika4288 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

They'll be back sooner or later. Check back tomorrow morning.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

In a related story, AT&T's order tracking blows major chunks compared to every other one I've seen. It takes an act of God to find where to track it, and it's almost 24 hours later and I STILL can't get any information on it. The word "backorder" just made me panic, but my receipt says I should get it within 3 to 5 bidness days.

Arrgh.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ :confused:

AT&T Wireless just sent me an e-mail with a tracking link to DHL.

Seems fine to me.

6. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

I'm glad they are coming back! I bought a 16 GB iPhone last Sunday and it is INCREDIBLE... but I can't justify the price tag without a full-time job until May and was thinking of taking it back, even though I would lose 10% for the restocking fee. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning to see if the refurbs are on the AT&T website. I think an 8 GB would be enough for me, as I wasn't planning on putting my entire music library on the phone anyways.

What is the difference between refurbs and regular iPhones?

7. wwwdotcomdotnet macrumors member

I'm super bummed too, if I saw that yesterday I would have jumped all over it :( Too late now :(

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I got that receipt e-mail from AT&T, but it's been 24 hours an no tracking thing. This must be what heroin addicts go through when they can't get a fix.

9. Alika4288 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hesitant and didnt order the refurbished and now i am regretting. Now i have to live with my actions, haha, atleast untill they put more back up. I'm stalking that website waiting for the iphones to comeback on.

10. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

I read that if you call them they can sell you a refurbished 4GB iPhone

11. Alika4288 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where did you read that? ihope its true, ill give at&t a call tomorrow and see whats up.

12. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

Friday

13. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

Dude, go to your local AT&T store and buy one for $249. They still have them.

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

What he said... I just got one this morning. Why would you wanna wait for shipping anyway?? There's AT&T stores everywhere.

15. Alika4288 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in california, i called the local AT&T stores and they said no store carries refurbished phones, only new ones. I thought the only stores that did carry the refurbished iphones were on the east coast.

16. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

I'm in Dallas and I called about 10 stores. I was told it would only be an online deal. I'm guessing it will only be stores in the northeast who get the deal. None of them knew if they would be back online but told me to keep looking. I hope you get your phone! :)

17. L3X macrumors 6502a

can someone post a link?

18. lindsaykaye04 macrumors member

If they're sold again for that price it will be on the AT&T wireless website. http://www.wireless.att.com/

19. L3X macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I figured as much. I guess I'll keep looking.

I called my local stores and they all said they didn't have any and that the bigger cities in the northeast were getting them.

20. paulold macrumors 6502

The day I bought my refurbished iPhone from my local AT&T store, I called them first to see if they knew what they were and if they had any. I was told they didn't have any. But when I asked if I should just call around to the other stores, he said they won't tell you over the phone if they have any. Something about the way he said it made me think he had them there in stock even though he said he didn't. So I went to the store and tadaa!! I bought one. That was this past Saturday.

So, if you're still trying to find a refurbished iPhone and you can't get one online, definitely try your local store, even if you're not in the Northeast. Why would they limit distribution to just their Northeast stores when they are selling them nationally online? I think it's worth a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised, as I was. I love my iPhone!

21. Alika4288 thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone called AT&T and see if they would sell them an iphone? (assuming the only reason they took it off the site was cause of backorders).

22. bobbyboulders macrumors regular

bobbyboulders

sooo, do you think they will bring the refurbs back to the att website anytime soon, for 249? i did a quick google search and found that they have refurbs on the apple site for 349 (but i would rather pay the extra 50 bucks in that case to get the brand new one)

Also, what do you guys think about getting refurbs? is it too risky? do you think geting the apple care package is a Must?

thanks all!

23. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

i just called all the ones around me and they said they didnt have any, im going to them personally later to see if they do.
    i wonder if they really wont tell you over the phone, and only if you go in. strange..

24. L3X macrumors 6502a

There is nothing wrong with the refurbs. For a brand new one you're basically paying $50 for the packaging. You get the same year warranty that you do with the brand new ones. There's really nothing to be worried about.

$350 is a good deal for a refurb which is why they dissapear relatively quickly from apple's site. (believe me, i look almost every day)

$250 from ATT is a steal, though.

I'm still debating on getting the warranty when i get my iPhone. I think it's around $70 to get the battery replaced anyway and that's the main thing that will go wrong with them after the regular year warranty is expired.