Missing a shortcut in Safari 4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddrei, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ddrei macrumors newbie

as a user that uses forums alot i loved the ctrl-S shortcut. what it basicly did was pressing the submit button after i entered my forum posts in the usual textfields.
    it worked on every forum i know so i assumed it was somehow built for that.

now in safari 4 it suddenly is not working anymore :(

i tried to find out what exactly the shortcut does by going back to safari 3.2 again but it is not listed in the general keyboard shortcut menu or in any of the safari menus.

does anyone know how i can get this shortcut back or can at least point me in a direction so i can find out? google did not really help me with this problem...

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Submit it to Apple.

I use Tab-Enter to submit a reply.

3. ddrei thread starter macrumors newbie

this is a workaround but it only works on forums that use the "submit reply" button as the first button after the textfield. some older forums have the "preview" button left of the submit button.. then it doesn't work

4. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

5. mabaker macrumors 65816

mabaker

VERY annoying indeed. It's working great in Firefox 3.5 tho!

Apple seems to have screwed one or two keyboard controls in safari 4.

Another annoyance is opening links in new taps while holding the CMD button... now you have to hold the CMD button even BEFORE clicking on a link and its contextual menu. :rolleyes:

6. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

bump for any new info on this... still no ctrl-s. :(

7. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Ah, I'm glad I've come across this. I posted the other day about it, having not been able to find any information, but had no replies. I'm glad it's not just me! It really is the only feature missing from Safari for me to not want to use Firefox anymore. I did wonder if it could be incorporated into a plugin like Glims - I suggested it anyway.