Missing a video plugin in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by messedkid, Jun 1, 2008.

1. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I visit the website www.watchxonline.com frequently. I moved to Germany from Canada, and sure as hell ain't watching Family Guy, The simpsons and American Dad in German! So I love this site! :D

But Safari..for some reason, won't play some videos. I just get a plugin symbol with a question mark (maybe its a question mark...I'm on a PC at work, can't check right now).

I also use Flock on my mac...to easily keep in touch with friends back home via Facebook, and Flock plays the same video I would not be able to watch on Safari. I have updated to the newest Flash + shockwave and even Divx plugins..and still won't play. What am I missing?

If you want to check..go to the site and look for the first 3 videos of Season 3 of American Dad. Those are some of the ones I remember that do not play on my safari. :(

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I've had issues playing video before on some sites and installed Perian. It worked for me.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

These videos are Flash-based. They should play in Safari, but don't in yours or mine. I have the most recent release version of Flash installed. I am considering trying the beta of Flash 10. Soon after installing the current version, I saw it play a video for about half-a-second and then go blank. For whatever reason, this version of Flash appears not to like Safari.