Missing album art??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by krye, Aug 13, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I have about 50 or so CDs in my iTunes library that iTunes can't supply cover art for. I installed the Amazon Art widget and found art for all of them. Last night I had to reinstall iTunes because I messed up my home directory. Anyway, I pulled all my music back into iTunes, and all the CD covers that were added via the Amazon widget don't have albums covers anymore. I thought the album art became part of the file? Anyway, I'm going to have to download them all again. Is there another way to make them "stick". Or all the others ones not sticking either, they are just being downloaded from Apple?

2. Foxglove10 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. After spending hours of adding art to imported CD's on my WinXp system, I reformatted to make the switch to Mac OSX.5 and now a bunch of my album art is missing, too. Is there any way to get it back, or did it all just dissipate into the cyber-ether?

Also, a little more weirdness: I'm syncing via wireless router. All my music is on external USB drive which is connected to a desktop G5. I had a little folder called "Album Art" for miscellaneous album art. The rest of the art was put into the existing folder (which iTunes created when the album or song was imported). When I work on the G5, I can see the folder with the Album Art. When I work on the Mac, I can't see that folder at all. That's weird, isn't it? Why is that?