Missing albums bought & Paid for

Discussion in 'iPod' started by chimpboy74, Aug 12, 2008.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hiya
    Just come over from the iPhone forum for the first time. I dont usually have a problem with itunes but i have noticed something recently which when I investigated seems to have happened a lot.

I bought the Verve album 'a northern soul' I managed to load it onto my 1st gen iphone. I upgraded my new phone (3G) and just recently put the Verve back onto it. the album I had bought didnt cross over (but ones I had loaded directly from CD to itunes were there). I looked in my itunes library - not there. Checked where the files are saved. Not there. Where the h*ll has it gone? I know it cant have been deleted as I would be more likely to delete all the verve albums by mistake. It isnt in the trash. When I look into my history on itunes it shows up as having been bought.

I cant remember whether I bought it from itunes on my phone. Would changing my phone explain the missing files if it was bought via my iPhone?

Edit: meant to say I definitely synced my old iphone to itunes several times before changing it. Do the files automatically transfer to the computer? Other individual songs that I bought via my phone are still there so they definitely have transferred!

Itunes are saying I need to buy it and download again which I am p*ssed off about

If so how can I make sure this doesnt happen again?

Plus when I was looking through my purchase history some stuff I know I still have but others have gone as well and they werent purchased on the phone but through my Mac itunes.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search through and couldnt find anything

2. Foxglove10 macrumors newbie

After this, when you buy tunes from your iPhone, I would plan on using Senuti or some other iPod to computer software to transfer the song to your computer or wherever you're storing all your music (not on your phone). It's all pretty easy to use, it's just that you have to remember to do it.

Don't iPhones have the same "backup to itunes" feature as ipods do with the new iTunes versions?

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

so if you buy itunes from your iphone...you cant put that on your mac? Am i understanding this right? Also, like if i buy something from the ipod touch..can i get it to my computer?

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Of course you can! I buy stuff all the time on my iPhone and then connect to itunes and it syncs right over automatically.

You can also connect the phone to iTunes. When it shows up on the left pane, right click on the phone and select transfer purchases.