missing app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dexterdetermine, May 6, 2011.

1. dexterdetermine macrumors newbie

Hi, new ipod owner here and angry birds rio shows up on my itunes but not on my device. I rebooted, resynced and still nothing. any ideas? I am itchin' to play!

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Make sure it's selected in itunes under Apps then sync again.

3. dexterdetermine thread starter macrumors newbie

clueless again

I did a full restore to factory settings and then reloaded and it is still not showing up on my device. So not happy and don't know what to do!!! :(

4. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Did you make sure the app was selected under apps?

5. dexterdetermine thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgive my idiocy

:confused:When I am in itunes and the app is selected it is highlighted in blue but to re-sync I go to a different page and am not sure if it is still highlighted. I thought that by reloading everything it would do it, but am at a loss at what to do next.

6. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Hmmm, it should work. Try doing a search on google.com about the problem your having and see what it comes up with. Good luck

7. dexterdetermine thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that

that is how I ended up here. tried everything again to no avail. :confused:

8. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

Highlighting doesn't select the app for syncing, you have to put a check mark in the box beside the app you want to sync. Makes no difference if it is highlighted or not. You also don't have to leave that page to sync, after you have all the apps selected you want on your iPod touch click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of iTunes. Before hitting "Apply" you can drag the apps on to another home page or reorder them like you want to see on your iPod.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Search it in the search when sliding to the left of the home screen, then you can tell if it is actually on the devise and not showing up or if iTunes isn't putting it on there.